Monday, September 14, 2009

2 things

John decided to take up woodworking as a hobby about a year ago. Since then, he has made a few projects including a picnic table and a work bench, but he recently made something for me! A butcher block! I have been wanting a Boos block for awhile (right now I use the plastic boards which are bad for knives), but John said he wanted to make one. So, we went to the wood shop a few weeks ago and I picked out the wood, and he made it. I think this turned out great and I am ready to start chopping!





For John's birthday, he pooled all his GC's and money, and got this smoker. Check out the size of this thing! I put the bag of charcoal in the photo to give it some scale, but this is one intense smoker. He smoked 2 whole chickens on Saturday which were good, but I am really looking forward to the smoked salmon he is going to make next weekend. yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment