Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas in Colorado

Wow I cannot believe it's already 2010! I have been a bad blogger, mainly due to a crazy December, traveling back to CO for a week, and then getting really sick for a week. But hey, I hope to do better in 2010.

We went back to Colorado this year for Christmas and had a great trip! We were both expecting bad delays, weather problems, etc. but everything went smooth for once. After arriving in Denver, we went straight up to Keystone where my parents had gotten a townhouse. We got skis and settled in and then watch the Broncos/Raiders game. Unfortunately, the outcome was not what I wanted, but we still have a little chance in the playoffs.

My mom informed us that santa came early with one present for each of us....


That's right, we all got matching jams. I am wearing mine now as a matter of fact, thanks mom!

The following day, John took an all day ski lesson and I went directly for the slopes. I have not skiied in a few years, but used to go pretty often so I am an ok skiier. My quads were so sore though, I even did ski conditioning for 6 weeks leading up to it, but wow, I was sore. The next day, John showed off his new skills, and we were all able to do some runs together. He really learned quickly and was shreading some "nar pow" before the day was over. * I learned that this is what all the CO kids are calling it.. narly powder I guess, right Jules?




We went out in Keystone village that night. They had live reindeer with Santa and we took some pictures, but I think that picture ended up on someone else's camera. Santa would get really surly if you got on the wrong side of the reindeer, so I didn't want to complicate things by switching people to take multiple pics.



We left Keystone right before a snowstorm, so the drive down was pretty bad. When we got back to my parents, I started baking. I had just watched "Julie and Julia" and I love that movie, but it really made me want to cook, so I made a few different things. Then I started making stuff for Christmas dinner, so I think I got my fill for a while.



Christmas dinner itself was wonderful, my grandparents and uncle came for the day and we ate, played games, and watched football. The following morning, I got sick to my stomach several times. By about 10 I had a sharp shooting pain on the right side of my abdomen, so we went to the ER. I got admitted, thought I was having an appendicitis. After a cat scan, they determined no appendicitis, but I had really swollen lymph nodes around the appendix- mesenteric lymphadenitis was my disagnosis. I was in a ton of pain, so they put me on a morphine drip and sent me home with some vicatin and anti nausea medicine. It's been almost a week, and I am just now feeling better, that really took alot out of me. Hey, I know know of a great way to get rid of any extra holiday pounds, just go ahead and get mesenteric lymphadenitis, you wont be able to eat for like a week.

But, aside from that, we had a wonderful visit! Ready for the 2010!!

No comments:

Post a Comment