Sunday, May 31, 2009

Winery visit, homemade pizza and good company

This weekend, John's mom and grandma came to visit from Michigan. On Saturday, we decided to take them up to Childress Winery for a tour, lunch, and wine tasting. The tour was interesting and it was a beautiful day outside. I would have never imagined that a NASCAR team owner would end up owning a winery (maybe brewery, but, wine?) anyway, it is a beautiful place and makes for a nice time! We sampled several wines, but I think my favorite was either the Pinnacle or Cabernet Sauvignon.

Lots of grapes


Teri, John, and Grams


For dinner, we decided to make homemade pizza, it was yum! John is the expert on this, he makes a whole wheat crust, and we topped it with cheese, spinach, pepperoni, red peppers, and onions. I made a salad, which changes depending on what we have on hand, but we had some wonderful lettuce and spinach from the farmer, so I added goat cheese, candied pecans, dried cherries and lemon vinaigrette. I think we were all stuffed after that meal!

John making the pie

Almost ready!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment