Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My latest obsession

Recently, I decided that I need to pick up a hobby. I have several interests but I wanted a real hobby. So, I read up on a few things, did some deep thinking, and decided I wanted to take up photography. Yes! I love pictures, I like doing things with pictures, and I would love to take better pictures. Plus, we love to travel so having a good photographer in the group would come in handy. Pictures are simple, unbiased storytellers that capture a moment to save in time forever and I love having them around. So, with that decision I decided the first thing I needed to do was invest in a SLR camera. I have shot with point and shoot (or Polaroid, ha!) camera’s all my life, so I had to do some reading up. I researched many cameras and got lost in a slew of terms like megapixels, ISO, image stabilization, continuous drive and dynamic range. After I educated myself, I found the perfect camera!
That’s right, I need the Nikon D40. Ever since I laid eyes on this beauty I can’t stop thinking about how many awesome shots I could capture if I had one. Plus, this camera is great for beginning photographers like me. My goal is to get a new camera before our big trip to Europe next year since I will have some great photo ops there! Hint to John- My birthday is coming up and this would make an awesome gift.














No comments:

Post a Comment