Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Weekend in review..

It’s already Thursday and I am just getting around to posting about the weekend, whew! It has been a busy week so far, John is in Atlanta and of course it happens to fall on the week of my sales conference, so I have had stuff going on almost every evening. Back to the weekend, we had a nice, relaxing time. Friday night, we had some friends over to watch the Redwings game. Of course, it did not end favorably for John, but was a good game (I even watched, sort of, I was reading magazines but at least I was in the room!). On Saturday, John went golfing, and I went shopping. I did not buy anything really exciting, but I did find some stuff on sale which is rare for me. Unfortunately, I am not really a “bargain shopper” and if something is on sale, it is generally not in my size, so I was excited about my savings. On Saturday night, we went to one of my favorite restaurants in Charlotte, Roosters. We met the Murphy’s there and had quite a feast. Here is what we ate:



Appetizers: smoked salmon, cheese plate (goat lady chevre, mahon, and cana de cabra* if you like cheese, do yourself a favor and pick up some cana de cabra, it was awesome)



Salad: Iceburg, bacon and blue cheese for Megan and me, the guys shared a pizza


Mains: shrimp, duck confit



Sides: margaux’s succotash, parmesan gnocchi w/ arugula pesto and au gratin potatoes



Even though it seems like a ton of food, the servings are small plates, so you really just get a tasting of everything, see:


Before we went to dinner, we decided to take a few pictures of Morgan. It is really hard to get her settled enough to photograph, and have us look decent too, but here are the best ones:


After dinner, we went to the epicenter uptown to watch “Up” such a cute movie!
On Sunday, we designated it “clean up the courtyard day” and John trimmed trees, I dug up some weeds and cut back the vines growing on the side of the house. It is looking nice now and we are ready to start the summer bbq’ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment