Sunday, June 21, 2009

Last bird post, I promise

This morning, when I let Morgan outside, I heard a really strange bark like never before. I was not even sure if it was Morgan, but I went out to check on her and she was crouched down barking wildly at the hosta plant. This was really abnormal since she usually does not bark, so I yelled for John (I was scared at what I would find in that hosta plant). Turns out, it was an injured bird that was still alive but could not fly. By the time we figured that out, Morgan was running around the backyard with the bird in her mouth, all the while the bird was still flapping his wings. I think that kind of freaked her out, because she just dropped the bird, thankfully. John took care of it after that. A few hours later, I was watering the plants and I discovered that the birds in the fern had hatched and were hungry! Let's hope it's not thier mom that is now in our trash can.


This afternoon, I decided I would do some touch up painting on our walls (mostly because I moved some pictures around and there were black marks left on the wall). When we bought the house, the previous owners left us some of the paint in the garage, so I assumed this would be a pretty easy task. John found the paint and I tackled the kitchen. Since I had everything out, I decided to go ahead and do the other rooms that were painted that color as well. Now I know that paint dries a different color, so I was not that worried when I put it on and it was not an exact match, but it has been several hours now, and the paint is definitely the wrong color (sigh). Glad I decided to do those extra walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment