Thursday, June 25, 2009

Paint matching?

I remember a few months ago, there was a commercial for Home Depot where someone walks in with a stuffed animal and they were able to match the color exactly for paint. At the time, I recall being so impressed with this new technology. So, when I had my little mishap where I did some touch up work with the wrong color of paint, I did not think it was that big of a deal. John chipped off a piece of paint from the wall (in the correct color) and took it down to Depot. I mean if they can match paint to a stuffed animal, they ought to be able to match paint to paint, right? Ok, so he got the paint and last night after work, I started touching up my previous touch up work with the new, correct color of paint. When I woke up this morning, I realized that the “new technology” is really not that awesome because it does not work. The color was close, but close does not cut it when you're dealing with paint colors. So, looks like we will be repainting the kitchen, hall, staircase (ugh), office, master bathroom, closet, laundry room and master bedroom sometime soon. Now I feel like I need to at least change up the color or something to make the new paint job worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment