Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Independance Day!

It was so nice to have a 3 day weekend! My parents came to town, and we headed to Atlanta, GA to visit my dad’s side of the family. On the way there, we stopped at Marietta Square for lunch and a quick shopping trip. Unfortunately, these were the only pictures I took all weekend.


On the day of the fourth, we had a pool party/bbq/ mini family reunion at my aunt and uncle’s pool. They live in a wooded area, and apparently, a few days before the party, a brown bear made its way down to their property. The bear climbed over the fence (bent the top of the railing as proof), sat down on a hosta plant (now smashed) and went through their trash! They have not seen the bear since, but I was still a little concerned because apparently they were feeding the bear which I’m pretty sure only trains them to come back. It was a fun party though, I got to see family which I haven’t seen in years, met some family members I did not even know I had, and only ended up with 2 bug bites in the process! John came back from Sweden on Sunday and we headed back home then too. Tomorrow, we are off for a crazy wedding weekend, definitely will be posting about that one when we are back. Two weddings, 2 different places, 8 flights....yeah, we are pretty much going to have a story or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment