Monday, August 24, 2009

A new door handle, German food, and a draft party

Whenever I post weekend recaps, I always feel like the posts should start with a “whew” as in “wow I’m exhausted” and that’s so wrong, aren’t weekends for relaxing? Anyway, I was very busy this past weekend, here is what we did.


My Saturday morning got off to an off start because I headed to my spin class like every Saturday, but this time the instructor did not show up so, no class. Bummer. I don’t mind working out without a class, but I did not bring my ipod and have a hard time doing cardio without that so, I headed home. Felt guilty since I was dressed for a workout, so decided to go for a run. I had a pretty packed morning, so after I got to check off “gym” from my list, I headed out to get John’s bday present. I had to borrow his truck because I did not have room for his gift in my car, so I borrowed that and headed out. Then planned my menu for the draft party which I was hosting the next day (ok, I had the menu planned for days, but I still needed to do go grocery shopping for it), and got to work cleaning the house. Went to take out the trash and I when I opened the door, I ended up with a little present in my hand.

That’s right, the knob came with me. Looks like John has a little project now! So he heads off to Home Depot and I clean the house. That night, I had planned a little birthday dinner with some friends for John, but it about half of the people were out of town, so we had a small group, but still fun. Here we are at the Waldhorn (John’s request), I am hiding behind Samantha.





And here was our entertainment.





Afterwords, everyone came over, John made cocktails, and we watched "Super Troopers."

Sunday, I hosted a girl’s fantasy football draft party which was a lot of fun. I spent the morning making the food and getting everything ready, including my team picks. Here was the menu:



Sugared and Spiced Pecans
Baked Brie with Raspberry Chutney and Walnuts
Fruit Skewers with Lemon Fruit Dip



Tara also brought some apps and Sam made an awesome ice cream dessert, so we ended up with a ton of food, wine, and mimosa’s. I was so frazzled getting all the food out and getting people drinks that I did not take any pictures of the food table, but here are a few of everyone getting ready for the draft.




No comments:

Post a Comment