Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall is HERE!

It is finally starting to feel like fall in Charlotte and I am loving it. We had a very nice weekend and for the first time in a long time, I could wear jeans outside without feeling miserable from the heat. Saturday, we had the pleasure of watching football with not one but TWO adorable little ones. Ben and Beth brought their daughter Lexi over that just turned one, and Luke and Heather brought their 6 mo old daughter Abby over. Morgan did not know what to think since she was not the center of my attention anymore; I was too busy playing with the babies (and taking pictures of them)!

Lexi

Lexi loved Morgan!


Abby- she was so fun to photograph- really hams it up for the camera!





Since we are busy the next 2 weekends, I decided that Sunday, I was going to just relax and have a little me time. My day started with a decaf pumpkin spice latte, then I did a some browsing at B&N, went shopping and bought an awesome candle from bath and body works- ginger vanilla scent. The house is full of pumpkin candles now which I love, but this ginger vanilla is really nice.


Then, I started up our tradition of “soup on Sunday” again. Last year, I made a different soup (ok I repeated a few that were really good) every Sunday and then we would always have some leftovers for lunches for the week. I love soup, so we started it off this year with corn chowder.

I have had the fall decorations up since mid- August, but since it’s finally feeling like fall, I thought I should share a few pics.

Jack-o-lantern made out of a gourd

No comments:

Post a Comment