Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mom's Visit

Had so much fun with my mom in town last week!! I was able to work from home on Friday and finished up by about noon, so for lunch, we went to PF Changs and then went shopping (part 1) in the afternoon. We went looking for a bday gift for my dad, went to a new petstore to find some treats for Morgan, and then to Hobby Lobby for some Christmas decorations. After all that, the only things we ended up buying were for Morgan! She is so spoiled, but especially when my mom comes in town!

On Saturday, we got up and went hiking at the Whitewater Center. It was a a pretty cold and drizzly morning, and we only managed to get one picture:
Saturday night (Halloween), we had a wedding to go to, so my mom stayed home and passed out candy. I did not get a costume for Morgan this year, but I think I will next year.

Sunday morning, John left for China and my mom and I set out for shopping (part 2). This time we went to Southpark which is where we always have the best luck. Mom decided to spoil me and I got some Christmas decorations at Crate and Barrel and some dessert plates. Then I got a cute knob at Anthropologie for the night stand in the guest bedroom.
We went to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and got a pumpkin cheesecake to share for dessert. It was so good, it inspired me to make a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving this year instead of the usual pie. I have never made a cheesecake before, but it looks easy and I found a good recipe, so I hope it turns out. We made a final stop at the makeup counter at Belk and then went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment