Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 22: Papaya

Dear Bun,

You are almost 1 lb!  For the next few weeks, you will be around the size of a papaya or spaghetti squash, and will be working on putting on weight. You are starting to look like a miniature newborn now and are developing tiny tooth buds beneath your gums.  Your eyes have formed, but they don't have any pigment yet and are your eyelids are still fused shut. I still talk to you daily, and last weekend you got to hear your Grandma Retta and Grandpa Paul's voices too.  They can't wait to meet you!

Thursday was Thanksgiving, and I could not help myself from thinking about next Thanksgiving and how you would be with us then. Your dad will probably be sneaking you bites of turkey and autumn pudding, maybe some pumpkin pie too.  We have so much to be thankful for bun, but right now, I am thankful for you.  For your health (so far), for your kicks, for your hiccups that I feel every now and then, and thankful that in a few months, I will be able to hold you in my arms.

Love you,

Mom

P.S.  Here we are, I managed to get Morgan in one picture and I dragged your dad into the other one :)  I hope you like to have your picture taken more than he does.




No comments:

Post a Comment