Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 33: Honeydew


Dear Bun,
This week, you should weigh over 4 lbs now and are estimated to put on a 1/2 lb each week until delivery! You are rapidly loosing the "wrinkled" look and your skeleton is hardening.  The bones in your skull are not fused together though, which allows them to overlap and make it easier to fit through the birth canal.  It's amazing how all these developments have a reason and a purpose! 

Last week, I had to go to Maine for work and was hoping for that to be my last trip, but we may have to PA at the end of February now.  Travel is uncomfortable, but people always impress me by how friendly they are to me.  I expect to get the stink eye when I try and travel with you as an infant though, I think that will be another story :)  More and more, strangers will come up to me and ask questions about you and wish us good luck.  I have not had any strangers touch my belly though. 

I had another doctor's appointment last week and they are very pleased with our progress.  The nurses get frustrated with you though because the past 2 times, they have had a hard time getting your heartbeat- not because anything is wrong, but because you are constantly moving around that they have to chase you around my stomach.  Finally the nurse just put the doppler on the side of my stomach and said she was waiting for you to come to her, which you finally did.  Everyone tells me an active baby is a healthy baby, so I'm glad to feel you moving around. 

Here we are at 33 weeks! 



Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment