Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 35

Dear Bun,

We are at 35 weeks now, and most of your physical development is complete- your kidneys are fully developed and your liver can process waste.  Your biggest progress now is packing on the pounds until delivery day!  You should be about 20 inches tall now, and your height will stabalize from now until you are born.  You probably weigh around 5 1/2 lbs. 

Last week, we went to Infant CPR class and hope we never have to use it, but if we do I think we'll be prepared.  Your dad already told me that my job was to call 911, he was going to do the CPR, which is fine with me! I'm almost finished with your nursery, I am waiting on the mobile that I ordered to arrive, and once that comes, and your dad finishes with the toy chest, it will be ready!  I have a feeling it may be awhile before that toy chest is complete though- he is having a hard time getting all the old paint off.  I have almost everything I think I need before you are born.  I bought a video monitor for your nursery on Saturday and that was the last thing I wanted to get before you get here.  We will have a camera setup in your room so we can check on you.  It may stay there until you are 18, ha ha!. Kidding, kind of.

I'm still doing well, except Spring has arrived in Charlotte, which means I have to stay inside.  I am allergic to everything that blooms and right now, trees are getting ready or have started to bloom.  Normally I take a prescription for it, but I can't take it being pregnant.  So, I have a box of kleenex with me at all times, and just try and stay in the AC.  Hopefully you don't get allergies, but when I met with the pediatrician, she said they were highly genetic, so you may end up with them.


Here we are at 35 weeks:  My weight gain (28 lbs) has stayed the same the past 3 weeks.  I think a combo of allergies, no appetitie and very little room left for my stomach may be the cause.  We go back to the doctor this week, and will start going every week from now on- it's getting so close!!




Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment