Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 36

Dear Bun,

We are at 36 weeks now and have exactly 25 days until your due date as I type this!  It's hard to believe we are so close now.  You are probably around 6 lbs and are continuing to gain weight weekly.  Development wise, everything is pretty much complete and this week you are shedding a waxy substance called vernix caseosa which has protected your skin from the amniotic fluid over the past 8 months. 

I'm still doing well, I have a lot of energy lately and seem to always find something to do to get ready for you.  I probably did the most fun loads of laundry ever this weekend- I started washing all your newborn clothes and blankets and getting everything organized.  We also went new car shopping this weekend since we will need to upgrade to a family friendly vehicle.  I can't go anywhere without people smiling at me, wishing us well, or stopping to ask about you.  It's been so fun having complete strangers come up to me and ask about you and tell me how wonderful it will be.  Most people ask if I'm ready to have you yet, and while I can't wait to meet you, I'm not ready yet!  I think I will miss being pregnant- after all I get to take you with me everywhere I go now and I love feeling you moving around. 

Here we are at 36 weeks:



Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment