Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week 38

Dear Bun,

As I write, we are 11 days away from your due date, but really you could come anytime between now and the next 3-4 weeks.  The books say the average size of a baby now is close to 7 lbs and 20 inches long.  I'm anxious to see how big you will be!  Your dad was a big baby (over 9 lbs) but I was small (6 lbs) at 2 weeks late, so maybe you will end up somewhere in the middle.

Last week, I went and got the carseat inspected to make sure I had done it right.  I did, but the police officer and safe kids rep recommended that I move you from the middle seat to the seat behind me so we can use the LATCH system which is really easy to just snap the base in and out of, and gives the safest fit since you don't have to use the seatbelt at all.  They also told me to take down the fun stuffed toys I had hanging from your seat because apparently those are a projectile threat in the event of an accident.  So, I'm glad I had everything checked out! 

Today, your dad and I are going to the movies and are trying to get some last minute things done around the house before you come!  Your nursery is complete except for the toy chest, which may not be ready for awhile.  Either way, we have everything setup and ready for your first few weeks at home.  I made my packing list for the hospital and have started setting things in a packing pile- Morgan gets really anxious whenever she sees the suitcase out, so I'm holding off on that until the end.  I am still feeling good, and thankfully, haven't experienced the swelling that a lot of women get in the last weeks of pregnancy.  I do have insomia though.  I'm usually up every 1 1/2 -2 hours a night.  Even though I won't be getting more sleep once you get here, I am really looking forward to being able to sleep on my back again- even if it is only for 2 hours at a time!




Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment