Monday, March 1, 2010

February....

Where did February go?  Hard to believe it's almost Spring here, I noticed my daffodils starting to bloom already and we are really ready for it.  Nothing really huge or blogworthy happened last month.  It started out snowy, we got snow for almost 3 weeks (weekends) in a row.  Always seemed to start snowing on Friday around 4:30 pm, just in time for the weekend, sigh.  Which gave us John plenty more time to play with Morgan in the snow...

 

We had a nice, quiet valentines. Traditionally, we like to make a special dinner at home instead of going out, so we did that this year.  John made a pork tenderloin and I was responsible for dessert, so I made homemade butterscotch pudding with a whisky whipped cream.  I wanted to do some kind of red and chocolate dessert like choc covered strawberries but he has been hinting around about butterscotch, so I went with something non-traditional.  We were not supposed to buy each other presents this year, but John surprised me with this (click link below) when I got home from a business trip after getting stuck in the Northeast when they had that big storm (a whole other story):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hcFCP0edwQ

I will have to figure out how to get videos on here, but that's for another time :)

He had the video on our computer desktop, and since we don't have a video camera, I knew he must have gotten me a Flip since I had been wanting one. I am looking forward to making some videos, I think we will use it alot on our trip this spring.

John went to Pinehurst for a guys weekend, and I decided to visit the new modern art museum in Charotte with a few girls.  No pics were allowed inside, but it was a gorgeous building and I am excited that Charlotte is getting more cultural venues like this.


.



 

  

Afterwords, we went to Basil Thai which was delish!  We did not realize Black Eyed Peas were playing that night, so uptown was really busy and we were lucky to get in without a reservation, but I will definiately return there.  Two amazing new restaurants just opened up in our neighborhood, Loco Lime and Cuban Pete's.  It's nice to be able to walk to dinner down the street and have such great places nearby, definitely a plus to our neighborhood.  We went to Cuban Pete's on Friday night and they have a great selection of sangria's, I had one called the Floridian with grapefruit, oranges, and white wine.  My favorite thing about Loco Lime is this green salsa that they make, I would love the recipe, but I can't figure out all the flavors: avocados, lime cilantro & tomatillos but there is also something really spicy that has a bite at the end (jalapenos??) and the texture is creamy instead of chunky like most red salsa's.. it's really good! 

The main reason I did not blog much last month was the Olympics! I love the Olympics and I watched as many events as I could.  There was so much drama this year! Vonn and Mancuso, Ohno getting DQ'd,  quadruple jump in men's figure skating, and the Aboriginal ice skating costumes are the first one's I can think of.  Of course it got off to a somber start with the Georgian luger, but I thought it was a great Olympics all in all.  I know I am in the minority here, but I like the winter ones better than the summer.  Now what to do with myself every night at 8 pm....


No comments:

Post a Comment