Sunday, August 15, 2010

12 weeks to better photography: shooting indoors

Halfway through the 12 weeks!  This week was about shooting indoors, making compromises, and using natural light to get better results.  I had a hard time this week because it was very cloudy and rainy this weekend, so I did not have much natural light to work with.  So, I think I understood this, but would like to try it again sometime.  We were supposed to position our subject parallel to the window while we stood perpendicular to the window to take advantage of the natural light.

So this is pretty good I guess without the flash but I think next time I would have him move away from the window so the glare is not there and see if that still worked.  I pulled John away from a very important computer game, so he was not very happy to be my subject, but Morgan could not stay still so he agreed.




This is when I had John face the window while I stood in front of the window to try and capture catchlights (highlights from the window).  You can see them below in John's eyes.  I thought this was a neat trick.





No comments:

Post a Comment