Sunday, August 29, 2010

12 weeks to better photography: capturing action

This week's lesson was about shooting things on the go, like kids, sports, and pets.  One of the best ways to do this with an SLR is to adjust the shutter speed so you can freeze the action. This technique is used alot in sports, like NASCAR racing, cycling, etc.  The lesson this week was pretty easy for me: take a portrait of your pet in-motion.  Every Saturday morning that we are in town, we try to take Morgan over to the dog park and I will always bring my camera along to take some pictures of her.  Here are some that I took of her "in-motion" with a fast shutter speed. 



   

Next week is all about portraits and I am excited about that one, I think I have a lot to learn about portrait shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment