Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Last weekend, I flew out to Colorado to surprise my mom for her 60th birthday.  In addition to my visit, we had also rented The Sheldon House for a high tea with some of her close friends.  The menu was wonderful, and the tea was good too.  It was a huge success, my mom was surprised (wish I had gotten a pic when she first saw me) and the party turned out well too. I knew my mom would not want presents, so I got a journal and asked everyone to come prepared to write words of advice, favorite quotes, fond memories, or funny stories so my mom could have something to remember the party by. Well, the journal went over great, but people still brought gifts!  Sorry mom, I tried, even wrote it out on the invitation, your friends just love you too much! Here are a few pics.  I hope I look as good as my mom when I'm sixty!





And the yummy fruit torte we had for her at the house the next day:

No comments:

Post a Comment