Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week 25: Eggplant

Dear Bun,

We are now 25 weeks along, you are weighing about 1.5 lbs and are around 13.5 inches.  Apparently that's the size of an eggplant, but it seems like eggplants are smaller than that to me. This week, capillaries are forming under your skin and filling with blood, and air sacs lined with capillaries are developing in your lungs which will help you get ready to take your first breath of air.  Your vocal cords are now functioning and apparently your heartbeat may now be strong enough to hear from the outside without using a doppler.  I'm going to ask your dad to listen to my stomach tonight to see if he can hear it! 

As for me, I have still been feeling great.  I feel you move around all the time but especially after I eat something.  I think I am starting to have experience nesting in a big way.  Last week, I had to go to Raleigh for work and they have a Container Store there.  The Container Store is one of my favorite places since I am a bit neurotic about oraganizing things anyway, but add on pregnancy, and the Container Store was like walking into heaven!  I bought organizers for your closet, the laundry room, and our basement storage area.  This week, I have been organizing and going through things like crazy.  I cleaned out all my drawers and closet space and deep cleaned the house. It seems like I can't open a drawer without tossing half the stuff out and organizing/cleaning the rest.  I love it. 

I wanted to take a "before" picture of your room, so it's below.  It's not techincally before since it was a guest room before, but all we have done is painted and assembled the crib.  Lots more to do, I have so many ideas I can't wait for everything to come together. 



Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment