Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weeks 26-27


Dear Bun,

You are still the size of an eggplant, but have put on some weight in the past 2 weeks, you should be around 2 lbs now.  You are now sleeping and waking at regular intervals (although you are still very active at night!) but the most exciting development this week is that you have started opening your eyes!  Up until now, they have been fused shut, but by now they should be opening and closing regularly. Another interesting fact is that you have more taste buds right now than you will ever have in your entire life.  You can taste different flavors in the amniotic fluid based on what I eat, and some people claim that shapes what foods you prefer as an adult.  If there is any truth to that, you will be eating ALOT of dairy because I can't seem to get enough milk and cheese. 

This Thursday will start the third trimester!  I can't believe it's going by so fast.  I am still feeling good, but I think I have reached the point in pregnancy where you say goodbye to sleep.  I wake up every hour or two either because I am getting kicked, have to go to the bathroom, or have to switch sides (since I have to sleep on my side now).  Maybe this is nature's way of preparing me to wake up in the middle of the night with you? 

Last week was Christmas, and we spent it with John's family in Michigan.  You are not even here yet, and you already got several Christmas presents!  Next summer, we are going to take you back to Michigan for John's grandmother's 85th birthday and you will get to meet lots of people from your dad's side of the family.  Everyone is so excited to meet you!  This week, my mom has been in town and we are working on your nursery.  It's starting to come together and I love the way everything looks so far. 

The picture below was taken on Christmas when I was 26 weeks, and the second picture is from 27 weeks.  I have not gained much weight since Thanksgiving, but I know that most people gain rapidly at the end, so I'm not too worried. 






Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment