Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 28

Dear Bun,

We have officially made it to the third trimester, and are now seven months along!  You should weigh around 2 1/4 lbs and could be as long as 16 inches now.  You are mastering all sorts of activities including: blinking, coughing, sucking, hiccupping, and taking practice breaths.  You have also started dreaming and are now getting REM sleep.  I went to the doctor last week, and your heartbeat was a strong 150 bpm and you are measuring right on track.  I also had to get checked for gestational diabetes (they test everyone now) and we passed, woo hoo!  I celebrated later with a sweet treat of frozen yogurt for us :)

I am still doing well, although I had an episode of pregnancy hormonal emotions yesterday.  I cried during my pilates lesson.  Yes, it's embarassing now, but at the time I was so frustrated.  See, my body has been telling me all week I needed to slow down, and I have always had a hard time relaxing, so I have not been listening to my body like I should.  By the time Friday came, my back hurt so bad, but I still instisted on cleaning the bathroom and going to the gym on Saturday morning like always.  Then, I had a pilates session, and 5 minutes into the class, I made it through 20 reps of "The Hundred" and my back was piercing pain by that point.  My eyes started welling up and before I knew it, the owner was over me telling me to lay on my side and drink water.  I finished the class, with lots of modifications to the exercises, but after I came home, John would not let me do anything but sit on the couch with the heating pad.  I snuck a few breaks to clean and do laundry, but other than that, I sat all day. I am trying to not do as much, but it's been really challenging since I like to keep busy on the weekends. This was just proof that my body can't do as much as it used to be able to do because I have a much more important job to do now, like make room for you :) Oh and I got an email from my pilates instructor checking on me today, I guess I caused quite a scene over at the studio and everyone wanted to make sure I was alright.

So, other than my emotional outbreak, I am still doing well.  It seems like almost overnight, my belly got really hard and my belly button is so stretched now, I wonder if it will turn into an "outie" one of these days.  I registered us for our child birth classes and an infant CPR class and am starting to look for pediatricians too.  This is really happening fast it seems!



Love you,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment