Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weeks 23-24

Dear Bun,

I did not update last week because I was traveling, but you are still around the size of a papaya and the length of an ear of corn now.  You weigh about 1 1/2 lbs and are putting on about 6 oz a week for the next few weeks.  You are starting to accumulate baby fat and your taste buds are continuing to develop.  You are very active now!  I still feel the flutters, but now you have started to really kick sometimes.  Last week, your dad was able to feel you kicking from the outside which was really neat!   I had another doctor's appointment last week. You are measuring right on track, and your heartbeat was very strong at around 158 bpm.

I have still been doing really well.  I got a prenatal massage yesterday which was wonderful.  They have a special table with the belly and chest area cut out so I could lay on my stomach.  That alone felt amazing since I haven't been able to lay on my stomach for the past 6 months.  We are making progress on your nursery, the painting has been done and your crib and mattress have been delivered.  We also registered this morning and ordered your stroller and carseat.  I can't believe I am 6 months pregnant, where has the time gone?  I'm sure it will go just as fast once you get here. 

PS Last weekend, we were in Colorado visiting my family.  You got to hear your grandma, grandpa, aunt, great-grandma, and great-grandpa's voices, and over Christmas, you will get to hear some more voices from your dad's side of the family.  Everyone loves to talk to you and feel my belly!


Here I am at 24 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment