Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 14: Lemon

Dear Bun,
This week, you are the size of a lemon, a whole 3 1/2 inches long! Wow.  We are offically in the second trimester now and your biggest milestones are that you can now suck your thumb, wiggle your toes, and make facial expressions.  Your kidneys have also started producing urine and you have lanugo (thin, tiny hairs) all over you for warmth.  I hope you grow extra warm lanugo since you are related to me and I have thin blood and am always cold!

I have gained about 5-6 lbs so far and have a baby bump for sure.  This weekend, I went through everything in my closet and put away stuff that will not fit me for the next several months to make room for exciting maternity clothes.  I have a feeling I will be living in dresses, tights, and tunics this pregnany since the maternity pants don't fit too well- they are all too short! I bought some stuff this weekend and I had to try on a fake belly to see how everything would fit.  Wow I looked huge when I had that thing on!  Then I tried to bend over and I could not reach the shirt on the ground.  Guess it gave me a tiny peek into the future!
I have been feeling great and have had a surge of energy lately.  Not nesting, but definitely wanting to put my energy towards domestic things.  Like today, after cleaning my closet out and cleaning the house, I made potato soup and chocolate chip pumpkin bread.  As far as cravings go, I still don't really have them much, there are just certain things that don't sound good at all.  Meat being one of them.  I am eating chicken because I know I need protien, but it never sounds good.  Forget about red meat- even a steak (my favorite) sounds bad.   




Love,

Mom

2 comments:

  1. Bun, you have an amazing mommy! She is one of my dearest friends and I can't wait for you to meet her and come out into this world to meet us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bun,

    I am thrilled to be your auntie! Your family loves you very much and is so excited to see you.

    ReplyDelete