Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 17: Onion

Dear Bun,

17 weeks and you are about the size of an onion.  Your skeleton is busy changing from cartilage to bone and you are growing some fat too- finally it's not just me :)  Your umbilical cord is also getting thicker and you are starting to develop sweat glands and the beginnings of fingerprints.  Last week, we went to Philadelphia and today we took a trip to the NC mountains to see the fall colors and visit an apple orchard.  More on that later, but the whole time, I was thinking about how you were going to be along with us next year!  This is the week we have been looking forward too since we first found out about you- we get to find out if you are a little boy or girl!  We also get to take another peek at you during the ultrasound.  I can't wait for Wednesday!

I have been feeling great- I have energy and have been sleeping so well at night except for a few trips to the bathroom.  One weird thing that I have never read about, but am experiencing, is that certain foods taste so much better to me than I remember before pregnancy.  It is usually something very basic too, like last week I had a piece of pizza and it was amazing, I also went through this with cottage cheese and pineapple, and a granny smith apple and cheese.  Nothing crazy, but when I took I bite, it was like the best thing I had ever eaten. 

I also think I have felt you move a few times!  It usually happens at night when I am finally laying down.  I am looking forward to that first kick so maybe John can feel it too, but for now, I love the little flutters I get before I fall asleep (which does not take me long these days).

Here I am at 17 weeks:




Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment