Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 9: Green Olive












Dear Bun,

This was an exciting week for us!  We got a first peek at you, heard your heartbeat and told our family! Oh, and I travelled to Seattle for work and did not get sick or have any issues, yay!  You are almost 1 inch long now, about the size of a grape or green olive.  All your essential body parts are accounted for now (but they still have lots more developing to do), your eyes are fully formed although your eyelids will remain closed for several more weeks.  You now have tiny earlobes, a mouth and a nose and you are starting to look like an actual baby!  You also lost your tail and have now graduated from an embryo to a fetus. 

I had my first ultrasound on Thursday and it was very cool!  They had a flat screen tv on the wall and we saw you right away.  The sonographer took several pictures and measurements and said you are right where you should be now.  They gave us a due date of March 31.  Oh, and I got to hear your heartbeat- you were at 167.  Here you are, at 9 weeks gestational age:


After the appointment, we told our family that night.  I think I was on the phone for about 3 solid hours sharing the news with your aunt and grandparents.  Everyone is so excited to meet you, you are going to be welcomed into such a wonderful extended family and we can't wait to share you with everyone!  Keep growing :)

Love,

Your mom


PS Here I am at 9 weeks.  I am definitely getting a pooch after I eat or drink alot of water.  This picture was taken after I guzzled 2 glasses of water.  See the bump?

No comments:

Post a Comment