Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 6: Sweet Pea


















Dear Bun,
It seems so surreal to say "I'm pregnant." I have grown you in my heart for years and now I grow you in my body. I have always known that I could not wait to be a mom, and here I am just months away from meeting you. You still have lots of growing to do though. In fact, at this point, I have not told anyone about you except your dad. We are waiting a few weeks to tell our parents, and then a few more to tell our friends. For now, it's our little secret and I could not be happier.



I am feeling pretty good, except for being really tired. It's hard to wake up some mornings and I would love to be able to take an afternoon nap everyday, but that's only for the weekends. Oh, and I have a really huge appetite these days and I find that I have to eat something small every few hours. There's a lot more going on with you though. Right now, you are growing like crazy. You are about the size of a sweet pea, and you are starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, a mouth and chin. Your little hands are still webbed at this point and blood is starting to circulate through your tiny body.



I am going to try and take weekly "bump" pictures as well. This is mostly for you and my family since I know this will be hard for them to be away while we grow. I am already thinking about how many more phone calls I am going to get once I tell my mom (your grandma) about you. I think she will probably check in on us daily. Kidding mom, kind of. So here I am, 6 weeks along- no change yet.


Love,


Your mom









































No comments:

Post a Comment